Valvetrain / Cylinder Head Test Stand
Test Rig for Friction Losses Measurement
DSi offers innovative test rigs to study friction, lubrication and wear on valvetrains.
DEDICATED TEST CELL FOR FRICTION LOSSES MEASUREMENT
- Motoring unit with high-precision torque transducer and high-speed data acquisition
- Very accurate oil and water conditioning systems to supply tested components
- Precise temperature regulation of temperature in the test cell
- Versatile cylinder head support with accurate control of oil pressure/flow rate
- Adaptable test geometry to assess oil pumps, water pumps, chain drives, camshafts, crankshafts, fuel injection systems, etc.
- Investigation of the impact of lubricant formulations on frictional losses, and benchmark between lubricants and/or additives
- Study of new materials (especially hard coatings such as DLC) to reduce friction
- Possibility of real-time wear measurement using the the RadioNuclide Technique (TLA-RNT)
- Study of the impact of component geometry and characteristics (tappets, springs etc.) on friction
- Study running-in phases – impact of lubricant formulation
- Very slow and idle driving speed to investigate critical phases such as start-up and STT
COMPLETE ENGINE FRICTION MEASUREMENT
One test cell at DSi test facility is equipped for performing friction losses assessments on a complete engine, with the possibility to remove critical parts and study their contribution in friction losses. The test rig is equipped with highly regulated oil en water conditioning units, an with accurate torque measurement.
- Low inertia motoring dynamometer with high-precision torque transducer.
- Engine friction mapping at different speed and different oil/water temperature
- Complete engine evaluation and contribution of subsystems such as oil pump, water pump, compressor, etc.
- Use of accurately regulated fluid conditioning systems (temperature and flow/pressure)
Linked filesFriction-Cylinder head test bench